Role: Digital Marketing Support
Level: Marketing, reports to Sales and Marketing Manager EMEA
About the role
You will report directly to the Sales and Marketing Manager and assist with all related tasks. You may be required to perform administrative tasks, conduct market research, update the system database, create marketing literature, and foster strong relationships with our clients.
To ensure success as a Digital Marketing Assistant, you should have in-depth knowledge of digital marketing techniques, empathize with our customers and their purchase process, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work to strict deadlines.
The tasks and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager and marketing team with project organization.
- Performing administrative tasks to ensure the functionality of marketing activities.
- Conducting market research and analyzing marketing surveys.
- Employing online marketing analytics to gather information from web and social media pages.
- Updating databases, spreadsheets, and inventory lists.
- Preparing promotional presentations and organizing promotional events.
- Composing and posting online content for the company’s social media page and website.
- Writing marketing literature for company brochures and press releases.
- Working closely with marketing agencies.
The ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate can support all digital marketing activities of Confocal.nl. You are very communicative with good listening skills in personal interaction but also (even becoming more necessary) online. Also, you have a proactive getting-the-job-done character. Your drive is customer satisfaction, and you are a perfect team player. In addition:
- Experience in online marketing and related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and databases.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and marketing software.
- Knowledge of CRM tools, Active Campaign, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of advanced marketing principles.
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of office management.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
Confocal.nl started as a company in 2016 and has grown into a team consisting of 18 highly skilled specialists, commercial application specialists, engineers, and business developers. Confocal.nl aims to improve the imaging experience of scientists with a confocal microscope system based on the re-scan invention: the Re-scan Confocal Microscope (RCM). RCM combines the super-resolution capability with higher sensitivity than most confocal microscopes. The re-scan technology was developed by Dr. Erik Manders at the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences of the University of Amsterdam. Manders is also one of our founders.
This technology converts a standard microscope into a super-resolution microscope for three-dimensional confocal imaging, which is ideal for small live cell imaging labs. It also has good potential as a working-horse in industries and microscopy facilities to increase the imaging capacity. The simple technical design and open-architecture make the system platform- and software independent, which allows plug-and-play upgrading of any standard fluorescence microscopes.
Confocal.nl is globally active through direct sales activities and distributors. The company has recently launched a second microscope (RCM2) and a third microscope (NL5) and continues to invest in new product development with additional launches in the years ahead. The product and company development is funded through Technano Fund and UvA Ventures. Mid 2022, Confocal.nl expects to close an additional investment deal to accelerate growth and product development aiming at entering the life sciences R&D market.
Confocal.nl’s mission is to improve the microscopy imaging experience of all researchers and help them deliver breakthrough discoveries.
Confocal.nl’s Core values
- Curious; We look beyond the known.
- Proactive; We are in constant movement to achieve our goals.
- Cooperative; Each team member adds value and together we build more significant results.
- Customer-focused; We make sure that customers have a good experience at any moment.