Role: Mechatronic Engineer
Level: Reports to Chief Technology Officer
About the role
As a Mechatronic Engineer, you will contribute to the design and production of new products: from making the first sketches of ideas towards design, development, construction and testing of prototypes up to building and testing the final product for the customer. It will be necessary to easily interact and align with the technical team members. Moreover, good communication with operations and commercial team members will be crucial. Products we develop and produce cover the field of optical microscopy and will be based on the re-scan technology.
- Master of Science in Mechatronics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with the design of mechatronic systems.
- Strong both theoretical and practical skills.
- Independent, creative, pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset.
- For diversity reasons, the preference goes to a woman.
- Familiar with:
o Design of mechatronic, mechanical and electrical systems.
o Systems engineering methodology/ V-model.
o Microscopy technology in life sciences.
- A very interesting challenge for an experienced Mechatronic Engineer looking for the challenge to design new products that advance biomedical research.
- Working for an innovative, growing and focused organization with a clear goal: bringing innovative microscopy to the market.
Confocal.nl aims to change the microscopy industry with a confocal microscope based on the re-scan
invention: the Re-scan Confocal Microscope (RCM). RCM combines the super-resolution capability with
higher sensitivity than most confocal microscopes. The re-scan technology was developed at the
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences of the University of Amsterdam. This innovative technology converts a standard microscope into a super-resolution microscope for three-dimensional confocal imaging. It is a highly affordable and customizable device, ideal for small labs with specific interests in biomedical research and as a working horse at microscopy facilities to increase imaging capacity. The simple technical design and open architecture make the system platform and software independent, allowing plug-and-play upgrading of any standard fluorescence microscopes.
Confocal.nl started as a company in 2016 and has grown to a team consisting of 15 highly skilled
specialists, engineers and business developers. There is a need to expand the technical team with a Mechatronic Engineer to speed up the design and production of our newest products. This position is a good career opportunity for a creative and experienced Mechatronic Engineer
Join our team!
If you think you can make a great contribution to our team, contact Mariliis Tark-Dame email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.