Level: Sales, reports to CCO
About the role
The Sales and Marketing Manager EMEA oversees alle sales and marketing activities in his/her region. Directly managing the Sales team, consisting of both Field sales managers and Product application specialists, responsible for business goals of the EMEA region. Will provide vision, strategy and tactics to the Sales team. Working closely with the marketing and development team to execute against the agreed strategic and commercial goals, providing input on the customer’s point of view.. Works closely with both external and internal stakeholders for an optimal commercial (market acceptance) and financial (volume and margin) result, using (digital) marketing strategies in accordance with the sales teams and distributors. Own strategic mind, management, sales and marketing knowledge and skills are required.
The role reports directly into the CCO and is a member of the commercial management team. The tasks and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement strategies effective for achieving sales and marketing objectives.
- Overseeing and directing Distribution partner management
- Responsible for export partners and OEM
- Monitoring the EMEA market and developing competitive analyses
- Provide coaching and counseling to sales and marketing staff to aid them in achieving job expectations
- Plan and coordinate campaigns for the marketing and sales of products/services
- Prepare and submit sales and marketing budgets to management for review and approval
- Establish sales targets and assign sales quotas to sales teams
- Monitor and evaluate the activities/performance of sales teams to proffer advice and recommendations for better output
- Develop and implement action plans necessary to enhance business performance.
- Collaborate with other company departmental heads to implement strategies effective for achieving set sales and
- Compile, analyze, and interpret sales figures to produce results useful in taking appropriate business decisions
- Prepare and present to management periodic reports on sales/marketing activities
- Maintain contact with clients to assist them with post-sales services and help resolve issues or complaints
The ideal candidate has:
Experience in working in sales and marketing teams with a proven track record of reaching objectives
- Coaching and motivational skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading a sales and/or marketing team or equivalent
- Experience in the Life Science market is preferred
- Strong communication skills and a global network in academia
- A driver’s license valid in the EU
- High analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience working in international teams
The ideal candidate can manage the sales and marketing team by motivating and improving the output of the team. Goal oriented people manager with the will to succeed and reach and exceed company goals. Is very communicative with good listening skills in personal interaction but also (even becoming more and more important) online and has a proactive getting-the-job-done character. Is driven by customer satisfaction and a perfect team player.
Confocal.nl started as a company in 2016 and has grown now to a team consisting of 18 highly skilled specialists, commercial application specialists, engineers and business developers. Confocal.nl aims to improve the imaging experience of scientists with a confocal microscope system based on the re-scan invention: the Re-scan Confocal Microscope (RCM). RCM combines the super-resolution capability with higher sensitivity than most confocal microscopes. The re-scan technology was developed by Dr. Erik Manders at the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences of the University of Amsterdam. Manders is also one of our founders.
This technology converts a standard microscope into a super-resolution microscope for three-dimensional confocal imaging, which is ideal for small live cell imaging labs. It also has good potential as a working-horse at industries and microscopy facilities to increase the imaging capacity. The simple technical design and open-architecture make the system platform- and software independent which allows plug-and-play upgrading of any standard fluorescence microscopes.
Confocal.nl is globally active through direct sales activities and through distributors. The company has recently launched a second microscope (RCM2) and a third microscope (NL5) and continues to invest in new product development with additional launches in the years ahead. The product and company development is funded through Technano Fund and UvA Ventures. Mid 2022 Confocal.nl expects to close an additional investment deal to accelerate growth and product development aiming at entering the life sciences R&D market.
Confocal.nl’s mission is to improve the microscopy imaging experience of all researchers and help them deliver breakthrough discoveries.
Confocal.nl’s Core values
- Curious; We look beyond the known
- Proactive; We are in constant movement to achieve our goals
- Cooperative; Each team member adds value and together we build bigger results
- Customer focused; We make sure that customers have a good experience at any moment
Join our team!
If you think you can make a great contribution to our team, contact Erdal Demir email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. For more information call +31642335713.